Creating a Future-Fit Strategy at Mazda
Mazda vehicles are globally becoming known as premium vehicles and an increasingly viable Japanese alternative to traditional European brands. Mazda New Zealand wanted to harness this opportunity and deliver a premium experience to its customers. With a network of 23 full-selling dealers and approximately 55 service outlets around the country, all operating independently, Mazda New Zealand sought the help of Radically to devise strategies for delivering a consistent and premium brand experience across the market.
How might Mazda New Zealand deliver a consistent and premium brand experiences in a market where dealers and service outlets are independently owned and often multi-branded?
- The creation of a platform for dialogue with dealers and service outlets to bring customer insights closer to the organisation
- Strategic initiatives and roadmap developed in 4 weeks
- Validation and strategic buy-in from stakeholders through the process
- A future-fit framework for all further strategic development
Radically helped Mazda NZ develop three strategic Winning Moves in key areas that the company wanted to focus on, through a series of three half-day workshops with the leadership team.
To validate these Winning Moves, a Dealership Discovery was co-conducted, which involved:
- Creating a representation of the dealership perspective to identify pain-points, touchpoints, their role and perception of the Mazda end-customer
- Understanding the gap between the strategic Winning Moves and the current dealership sentiment
- Providing recommendations against winning moves to accelerate Mazda NZ
Radically then created a roadmap for Mazda NZ to help implement their strategic Winning Moves.
CURRENT STATE AND FUTURE STATE
WINNING MOVES AND HOW WE GET THERE
THE PLAN TO EXECUTE
TEST THE PLAN
- Define winning aspirations
- Understand our landscape
- Deciding where we want to play
- Examine our customer buying journey and identifying gaps
- Define our winning moves
- Develop our capabilities and management system to support these moves
- A roadmap to achieve our winning moves and meet our aspiration
- Validate/invalidate our assumptive winning moves roadmap
On working with Radically
Interested in knowing more?
Let's meet and discuss how we can create similar change at your business.