Learn how to facilitate agile ceremonies that bring out the best in everyone and reach great outcomes.
Moving to a team-based, collaborative working style can be challenging, especially as groups are forming and working through how they best work together. Professional Agile Facilitation can make a significant difference to this.
This course explores the stances, skills and techniques needed for effective facilitation in an agile team context. Attendees will learn how to apply facilitation tools and techniques for effectively designing meetings and workshops that both engage the entire audience and deliver successful outcomes.
Over 2 days you will develop new facilitation skills learn to apply these in a safe and supportive environment. We take a teach-by-doing approach that involves group work and practice. We make extensive use of games, activities, peer-learning and reflection.
Note: those who also complete both our Agile Fundamentals and Agile Team Facilitation courses can go on to apply for the ICAgile Certified Expert in Agile Coaching.
This course is ideal for anyone involved in running agile ceremonies, including
- Scrum Masters
- Agile Project Managers
- Agile Coaches and aspiring coaches
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Anyone with the desire to explore the power of facilitation
- Facilitation Framework: How to Plan, Design and Facilitate effective meetings
- Creating Collaborative Spaces
- Facilitation in Practice
- Facilitation as applied to Agile Ceremonies
- Collaborative Conversations
- Group Dynamics and Dysfunction Personas
- Stances of Facilitation
- Adjusting Facilitation to Team Maturity
- Maintaining Neutrality
- Facilitating Full Participation
- Using the Meeting Organizing Tools
- Facilitating Collaborative Conversations
- Clarifying team decision-making authority
This is an advanced course. We strongly recommend you have completed our Agile Fundamentals course and have at least 1-2 years’ experience working in an Agile environment.